The Onassis Cultural Centre - Athens, in collaboration with the Film Studies Department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Faculty of Fine Arts and the Hellenic Film Academy, presents the International Meeting for Musicians and Filmmakers.
Taking a holistic approach to art, education, entertainment and everyday life, e.m.m.a. builds on the successful meetings it staged in 2010 and 2011. Taking music as its starting point, the event embraces and combines different spheres involved in filmmaking.
Students, composers, performers, directors, sound designers, producers and exponents of the arts join forces with the invitees and the general public to create an interactive forum for exchanging ideas.
Exchanging views and musical experiences and giving seminars and concerts, distinguished figures with international careers shed light both on the relation and interactions between music, the moving image, sound and performance and on the special place they occupy in our lives.
Friday 29 June
10:00-18:00 - Recording the soundtracks for the “5 soundtracks for 1 film” project
The recording process will take the form of an open workshop.
18:30-19:30 - Post-recording workshop led by Tasos Rosopoulos and Tasos Bakasietas
20:30: Lecture and concert dedicated to Dimitris Papadimitriou’s music for the cinema, at the Main Stage
Saturday 30 June
10:00-11:25 - Presentation of a project run in the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Film Studies Department.
* Co-ordination: Hellenic Film Academy
* 11:30-12:00 - Helping the mind to see / Lecture by the editor and sound designer Kenan Akkawi
* 12:005-12:30 - Editing and sound / Lecture by the editor Panos Voutsaras
* 12:30-13:00 - Sonic and music manipulation: Sound editing to final mix / Discussion with the DNA collective's members (the composers-producers M. Nivolianitis and A. Christaras and the sound designers-final mixers Y. Skandamis and Y. Ramandanis)
* 13:00-13:20 - Open discussion with the audience
* 13:30-14:50 - Original or copy? Basic patterns in use of music in the cinema / A lecture with music by Christos Papageorgiou
* 15:00-16:20 - The use of music in cinematic creation / Discussion among the film directors Tassos Boulmetis, Yannis Economides
, Panagiotis Fafoutis and Syllas Tzoumerkas
16:30-18:00 - Sound recording in the cinema / Seminar-lecture led by the Oscar award-winning location sound recordist Ray Beckett
18:10-19:40 - The sound changes the image / Workshop by the sound designer Larry Sider
20:30: Concert with works of film music by Trevor Jones, conducted by the composer at the Main Stage.
Sunday 1 July
10:00-11:45 - "Micro" melodies at the OCC
ERT's MICROFILM presents five "micro" films and their soundtracks
12:00-14:00 - Workshop with Trevor Jones
14:30-18:00 - “5 soundtracks for 1 film” / Workshop and project featuring all the invitees
Artistic director: Korina Vougiouka
Sponsor: Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation
Organizing team: Korina Vougiouka, Tasos Rosopoulos, Konstantis Frangopoulos
Guests: Trevor Jones
, Dimitris Papadimitriou, Ray Beckett
, Larry Sider
, Christos Papageorgiou, Antoinetta Angelidi, Christos Goussios, Yannis Economides
, Tassos Boulmetis, Katerina Patroni, Eva Stefani, Kenan Akkawi
, Panos Voutsaras, Ioanna Spiliopoulou, Tassos Bakasietas
Students from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Film Studies Department and the Ionian University Department of Music Studies will also be participating.